Itching for another chance on an NFL squad, former Tennessee Titans Vince Young may have found a club willing to give him another chance.
What does VY stand for?
VY stands for Vince Young (football quarterback)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of VY
- Velocity X, Single-Engine (best single-engine angle of climb; aviation)
- Vehicle Excitement Team (Chrysler Group LLC)
- Vertical Christmas Tree (oil industry)
- Virtual X-Terminal
- Visual XML (Extensible Markup Language) Transformer (computing)
- Veritas Volume Manager (disk storage management software)
- Various Years
- Velocity along the Y-Axis
- Velocity Y (Best Rate of Climb - Aviation)
- Vaughan Youth Athletic Association
- Virginia YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association) Aquatic Club
- Vermont Youth Activism Network
- Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (Bangalore, India)
- Virtual YearBook
- Venice Youth Boating Association (Venice, FL)
- Ventura Youth Basketball Association (California)
- Valley Youth Conference (est. 1966; California)
- Vashon Youth Council (Vashon, WA)
- Venice Yacht Club (Florida)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tom Brady and the New England Patriots dealt a heavy blow to Philadelphia's NFL, Brady threw for 361 yards and three touchdowns on Sunday, while the Eagles' Vince Young, standing in for injured signal-caller Michael Vick, had a career-best 400 passing yards in defeat.
A win against an Eagles team with no margin for error would be a massive plus and it will be a major help if the Giants are facing second-string passer Vince Young rather than starter Michael Vick, who is likely to miss out with two broken ribs.
And then: An ill-fated decision to go for it on fourth down gave the ball to Texas, and Vince Young ran for the touchdown with 19 seconds to go that beat the Trojans in the Jan.
In related NFL Draft news, defensive end Mario Williams was selected by the Houston Texans as the first overall pick, and quarterback Vince Young was taken third overall by the Tennessee Titans .
The event will feature chefs from eight Austin area restaurants including Vince Young Steakhouse, Max's Wine Dive, Steiner Ranch Steakhouse, Zax, and Moonshine.
Collins took charge of the Titans last November after Vince Young suffered a season-ending right thumb injury, but Tennessee lost five of the last six games of the season.
The Titans haven't lost since Vince Young took over at quarterback.