HANOI/BEIJING, March 27 Kyodo (EDS: ADDING CHINESE NAVY REACTION IN 3RD GRAF) Chinese vessels gave chase and fired at a Vietnamese fishing boat in disputed waters in the South China Sea, prompting a protest and a demand for compensation from the Vietnamese government, Vietnamese state media said Tuesday.
What does VIE stand for?
VIE stands for Vietnamese (language)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of VIE
We have 37 other meanings of VIE in our Acronym Attic
- Videncenter for Didaktisk Udvikling (Danish: Knowledge Center for Teaching Development; Denmark)
- Vancouver Injection Drug Users Study (Canada)
- Vienna Dynamic Index
- Vacuum Insulated Evaporator
- Vance Integral Edition (complete works of author Jack Vance)
- Variable Interest Entity (US Financial Accounting Standards Board)
- Very Important Event
- Veterinary Informatics and Epidemiology
- Vienna, Austria - Schwechat (Airport Code)
- Vietnam Institute of Economics
- Virgin Interactive Entertainment
- Virtual Integration Exercise
- Virtual Integration Experiment
- Visual Information Engineering (International Conference)
- Volontariat International en Enteprise (French)
- Volume Integral Equation
- Voluntary Import Expansion
- Vacancy Ion-Exclusion Chromatography (chemistry)
- Valve Instrument Equipment and Connector
- Vancouver Island Energy Corporation (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Scope -- Historical value of the construction industry for 2006-10 and forecast figures for 2011-15-- Supporting text on individual markets and values for categories for 2006-10 and forecasts till 2015-- Profiles of top construction companies in Vietnam-- Important industry news Reasons To Buy -- Gain insight into Vietnam's construction industry with current, historic and forecast figures-- Gain insight into current, historic and forecast industry figures at individual market and category level-- Identify top Vietnamese construction industry players along with profiles of all those companies Key Highlights During the review period, the construction industry in Vietnam recorded significant growth, demonstrating a CAGR of XX.
The designation of a neighborhood in westernmost Canada as "Little Saigon" was meant to revitalize a few seedy city blocks, but has instead inflamed old North and South Vietnamese rivalries.
What hasn't been widely publicized, however, are the Katrina-related ordeals of Vietnamese Americans, another socio-economically disadvantaged population along the Gulf Coast.
On 27 April 1972, two Navy F-4 Phantoms from Fighter Squadron (VF) 51 based on board Coral Sea (CVA 43) were intercepting a MiG deep in North Vietnamese territory near the town of Bai Thuong.
Ho Chi Minh, a Vietnamese nationalist (supporter of independent nationhood), petitions for Vietnamese self-determination.
Over the next twenty years, the Khmers maintained an uneasy alliance with Vietnamese troops in a civil war against Sihanouk and his successor, Lon Nol, that was marked by barbarism on both sides.
I was twenty years old in 1975 when Saigon fell to the North Vietnamese, and because I had served in the military police force for the South Vietnamese government, I was placed in a reeducation camp, where I stayed for almost a year.