9 Cabell Davis embarks on one-month, 3,000-mile cruise with digital autonomous video plankton recorder towed from R/V Oceanus to assess biological impacts of oil in the Gulf.
What does VPR stand for?
VPR stands for Video Plankton Recorder (underwater microscope)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VPR
We have 58 other meanings of VPR in our Acronym Attic
- Vermont Program for Quality in Health Care
- Vacant Property Registry (various locations)
- Valley Public Radio (Fresno, CA)
- Valparaiso Poetry Review (Valparaiso University; Indiana)
- Value Price Reliability (Best Buy brand)
- Valve Protection Ring (gas cylinder collar)
- Variation Price Request (contract change)
- Vendor Price Reduction
- Vermont Public Radio
- Vice Provost for Research
- Video Portable Recorder
- Vieux Pistons Redonnais (French: Reviving Old Pistons)
- Virtual PPI Reflectoscope
- Voltage Protection Rating (surge protection)
- Voluntary Price Reduction
- Vulnerable Persons Relocation
- Van Public Relations Adviesbureaus (Dutch: Public Relations Consultants; trade association)
- Virginia Public Records Act
- Volume-Pressure Response Assessment
- Valparaiso Pistol and Rifle Club (Valparaiso, IN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
WHOI scientists Cabell Davis and Dennis McGillicuddy used a video plankton recorder (VPR) to take pictures and count colonies of Trichodesmium.
The WHOI scientists, Cabell Davis of the Biology Department and Dennis McGillicuddy of the Applied Ocean Physics and Engineering Department, towed a device called the Video Plankton Recorder (VPR) behind the WHOI-operated research vessel Knorr from the Azores back almost to Woods Hole.