According to the Herald Sun, Misra, an English citizen of Indian descent, told the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal she was humiliated by the remark about her curly black hair, and claimed she was subject to other racist remarks at work.
What does VCAT stand for?
VCAT stands for Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (Australia)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of VCAT
We have 8 other meanings of VCAT in our Acronym Attic
- Vitrified Canister Assay System
- Vice Chancellor of Academic and Student Affairs
- Violent Crimes Against Senior Citizens
- Virtual Center for Advanced Studies in Institution (Japan)
- Vehicular Collision Avoidance Support System (inter-vehicle communications)
- Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School (Southbank, Victoria, Australia)
- Visually Coupled Airborne Simulator System
- Victorian College of the Arts Student Union (Australia)
- Venture Capital Aptitude Test (satire)
- Veterinary College Admission Test
- Violent Criminal Apprehension Team (Charlotte, NC police)
- Virtual Concatenation
- Voluntary Community Action Trafford (UK)
- Virtual Clearinghouse on Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
- Variable Configuration Antenna Test System (intelligence program)
- Vehicle Configuration and Test Systems
- Visually Coupled Acquisition and Targeting System
- Voice Communications Access Unit
- Construction Battalion (US Navy)
- Vacation Camp for the Blind (Spring Valley, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) on Wednesday cancelled the liquor licence of notorious Showgirls Bar 20 found in the central business district in Melbourne, ending a long legal battle by the Victoria Police against the strip joint.
However more recently Justice Stuart Morris, the President of the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, criticised the legislation severely.