TDCJ spokeswoman Michelle Lyons, in an emailed statement, said the agency's Victim-Offender Mediation program offers an opportunity for crime victims to meet with their perpetrators.
What does VOMP stand for?
VOMP stands for Victim-Offender Mediation Program (various locations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VOMP
- Vegetable Oil Methyl Ester
- Victims of Mining Environment (Canada; est. 1986)
- Victory Over My Enemies (trademark)
- Vendor Owned and Managed Inventory (consignment program)
- Virtual Organization Management Institute (Encino, CA)
- Victim of Medical Imaging Technology
- Vitals, Oxygen, Monitor, IV, Transport (patient treatment mnemonic)
- Voice Over Misconfigured Internet Telephones (software to make recordings of IP telephones)
- Valley of the Moon Little League (El Verano, CA)
- Vest of Many Pockets (Tilley)
- Voice Over Multi-Protocol Label Switch
- Vehicle Order Management System (Chevrolet dealer system)
- Virtual Office Management Solutions (Victoria, Australia)
- Virtual Organization Management Service
- Virtual Organization Membership Service (database)
- Voucher Management System
- Voice over Multi-Service Data Network
- Voice of Many Waters
- Valley of the Moon Water District (California)
- Vault of Night (gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In face-to-face meetings between the victim and offender, support persons for victims and/or offenders (such as parents or friends) are often present; a 1999 survey of victim-offender mediation programs in the United States found that support persons, including parents in juvenile cases, were present in the majority of cases.
49) Around that time, one of Linda's students informed her about a victim-offender mediation program being developed in Texas.
An evaluation of three programs in Indiana and Ohio in 1985 found that those who went through a victim-offender mediation program were about as likely to be incarcerated, but the length of stay was substantially shorter.