After the arraignment, in a conference room outside of the courtroom, Safeplan and Victim Witness Advocates, along with the clerk magistrate, comforted the children, mixing a bottle for one, rocking the smaller ones to sleep, and coloring with the oldest until DCF workers arrived to take them to a foster home.
What does VWA stand for?
VWA stands for Victim Witness Advocate
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VWA
We have 30 other meanings of VWA in our Acronym Attic
- Voluntary Withdrawal
- Weather Reconnaissance Squadron (US Navy aviation unit designation used from 1967 to1975)
- Very Worshipful Brother (Masonic rank)
- Vancouver, Westminster & Yukon Railway
- Virtual Wire per-Domain Behavior
- Ventricular Weight/Body Weight (ratio)
- Vehicle Wash Agent
- Vengroff, Williams and Associates, Inc. (est. 1963)
- Ventana Wilderness Alliance (est. 1998; Santa Cruz, CA)
- Victorian Workcover Authority (Victoria, Australia)
- View with Alarm
- Virtual Wrestling Association
- Voedsel en Waren Autoriteit (Dutch: Food and Goods Authority)
- Vuil Water Afvoer (Dutch: Dirty Water Disposal)
- Very Weak Alternating Automata
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association (Richmond, VA)
- Virginia Winegrowers Advisory Board
- Victim and Witness Assistance Council (US DoD)
- Voluntary Workcamp Association of Ghana
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Riverside County District Attorney's Office has formed a tribal liaison unit consisting of two experienced prosecutors, one investigator, and a victim witness advocate to prosecute crimes committed at casinos and their surrounding communities.
ART: PHOTOS CUTLINE: (1) A victim witness advocate tries to talk with a woman who became upset as Bruce Brown was led into the courtroom at Worcester Superior Court yesterday on charges of being an accessory to murder in the April 6 shooting death of Jose L.