MARCH 2 Vicksburg 34th annual Run Thru History The 34th annual Vicksburg Run Thru History 10k road race, 5k walk, and 1-mile fun run through the Vicksburg National Military Park happen each year, rain or shine.
What does VICK stand for?
VICK stands for Vicksburg National Military Park (US National Park Service)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of VICK in our Acronym Attic
- Virgin Islands Cycling Federation (bicycling; US Virgin Islands)
- Virginia Independent Consumers and Farmers Association
- VKI (Von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics) An Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics (technical periodical)
- Vereniging Industrieel Contact Helmond
- Veterinary International Conference on Harmonization
- Valco Instruments Co. Inc.
- Velocity Indicating Coherent Integrator Electronic Countermeasure
- Village Information and Communication Infrastructure (UN Economic Commission for Africa)
- Voice Input Child Identicant (from the TV Show Small Wonder)
- Virtual Institute for Chemometrics and Industrial Metrology
- Visually Impaired Children Kit for Inclusive Education
- Vancouver Island Coach Lines (Canada)
- Virgin Islands Charteryacht League
- Violent Crime Linkage Analysis System (Canada)
- Variable Input Crop Management Systems (University of Minnesota)
- Vancouver Inter-Cultural Orchestra (est. 2000; Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Violation of Court Order
- Voter Initiative for Colorado (Boulder, CO)
- Visual Communication Associates (Waynesburg, PA)
- International Association of Visual Communicators Management
Samples in periodicals archive:
Vicksburg National Military Park (Mississippi)- The location of a critical battle in the Civil War, this park has a brief period of fall foliage, usually lasting from mid-October through mid-November.
In 1899, the US War Department appointed him as the official historian of the Vicksburg National Military Park, for which he wrote a chronicle of the armies that fought there, published in 1901, and a previously unpublished narrative of both sides of the campaign and siege.
When my husband and I visited Vicksburg National Military Park - first as the sun was setting on a beautiful April evening and again as it rose the following morning - the park's rolling green hills sparkled with light.
Among the most endangered fields are Manassas National Battlefield Park in Virginia, Harpers Ferry National Historical Park in West Virginia, Vicksburg National Military Park in Mississippi, and the various battlefields in Tennessee and Georgia that were part of the 1864 Atlanta campaign.
Dominating the city's history from a bluff, however, is the Vicksburg National Military Park.
19 (1951) The Alabama State Confederate Monument was dedicated at Vicksburg National Military Park.
United States Mint Chief of Staff Al Runnels told the crowd, which included more than 2000 school children, that the "America the Beautiful Quarters are a standing invitation for all Americans to come along on a journey to each national site" and that "today's launch starts the journey of the Vicksburg National Military Park quarters as they pass from American hand to American hand, connecting America through coins.