He has also worked at the Vickers Defence Systems plant on Tyneside and for Roll-Royce and Bentley Motor Cars.
What does VDS stand for?
VDS stands for Vickers Defence Systems
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of VDS
We have 157 other meanings of VDS in our Acronym Attic
- Verband Der Schadenversicherer (German)
- Verband Deutscher Schulmusiker (German: Association of German School Musicians)
- Verband Deutscher Studentenschaften
- Verein Deutsche Sprache (German: German Language Association)
- Verein Die Schwarzwalduhr (German: Black Forest Clock Association)
- Vereinigung der Sternfreunde (German: Association 'Friends of Astronomy')
- Versa Docking Station
- Vessel Deployment System
- Veterinary Diagnostic Services (various organizations)
- VHF Directional Finding Subsystem
Samples in periodicals archive:
The company's aircraft, shipbuilding and steel businesses subsequently changed its name to Vickers Defence Systems and in 1993 was chosen by the Royal Army of Oman to build Challenger 2 tanks.
The company said these job reductions were not foreseen at the time of the Vickers Defence Systems acquisition but had been made necessary by the Government's withdrawal from the Multi-Role Armoured Vehicle programme.
THE Ministry of Defence has awarded a pounds 250million contract to Vickers Defence Systems to build a new fleet of tanks for the British Army.
Tests on the new tank, called the ACAVP - Advanced Composite Armoured Vehicle Platform - were carried out by scientists from the research agency and Vickers Defence Systems, based in Leeds.
THE British Army's new battle tank, built in Newcastle and Leeds by Vickers Defence Systems, has passed field trials needed before it goes into front- line military service.
At Vickers Defence Systems we have set the problems out for the Challenger subsystem suppliers to see for themselves, and told them that they had to raise their sights to hit our targets.
LSC Group, Raytheon Systems Ltd, Vickers Defence Systems, Vosper Thornycroft (UK) Ltd.