Titled Veterans and Agent Orange, the IOM reports assess the risk of both cancer and non-cancer health effects.
What does VAO stand for?
VAO stands for Veterans and Agent Orange (Institute of Medicine; Washington, DC)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VAO
We have 23 other meanings of VAO in our Acronym Attic
- vertically aligned carbon nanotube array (stealth technology)
- Veterans Affairs North Texas Health Care System
- Veterans Affairs National Telecommunications System
- Vulnerability Analysis of Nuclear Weapons in Allied Command, Europe
- Vietnam Action Network for Youth (nationwide exchange)
- Vehicle Assemblers of New Zealand (Auckland, New Zealand)
- Veteran Affairs New Zealand
- Video Association of New Zealand (trade organization)
- Virtual Air New Zealand (simulation)
- Vertex Array Object (computing)
- Vienna Art Orchestra (Austria)
- View All Online (online document browsing; KnowledgeTree project)
- Village Administrative Officer (India)
- Virtual Astronomical Observatory (Associated Universities, Inc.)
- Vision Assistée par Ordinateur (French: Computer-Aided Vision; artificial intelligence)
- Voluntary Action Orkney (Scotland, UK)
- Volunteer Ambulance Officer
- Voortgezette Academische Opleiding (Dutch: Continuing Academic Education)
- Voting Assistance Officer
- Village Association of Batavia (Ohio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In its 99-page report, members of the Committee on Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans and Agent Orange Exposure concluded that, while ground troops and so-called Brown Water Navy veterans had "more plausible pathways of exposure" to Agent Orange, some Blue Water Navy veterans also could have been exposed.
Right now, the scientific evidence doesn't support a connection between this disease in the children of Vietnam veterans and Agent Orange exposure.