WASHINGTON, March 4, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Legion has called upon Congress to initiate an investigation of the Jobs for Veterans State Grant Program, part of the Department of Labor's Veterans Employment and Training Services (VETS).
What does VET stand for?
VET stands for Veterans Employment and Training
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of VET
We have 56 other meanings of VET in our Acronym Attic
- Virtual Environment for Surface Transportation Research (University of Minnesota)
- Volunteer Emergency Service Unit (Australia)
- Virtual Environment Submarine Handler Trainer
- Vesicular Exanthema of Swine Virus
- Voluntary Euthanasia Society of Victoria
- Vapor Equilibrium Technique
- Vehicle Emissions Test
- Venezuela Time
- Verbal Test
Samples in periodicals archive:
To Resolve Mix-Ups To untangle complex situations requiring intervention, call local offices of the Department of Labor Veterans Employment and Training Service.
Sharpe said that such behavior on the part of some federal agencies makes the Veterans Employment and Training Service (VETS) a critically important program, since it investigates violations of veterans' preference policy and corrects unlawful practices.