Adrenoleukodystrophy: impaired oxidation of very long chain fatty acids in white blood cells, cultured skin fibroblasts, and amniocytes.
What does VLFA stand for?
VLFA stands for Very Long Chain Fatty Acid
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VLFA
- Vegetable Liberation Front
- Vehicle License Fee
- Vertical Linear Foot
- Very Large Format
- Very Low Flow
- Very Low Frequency (3-30 kHz; 100-10km)
- Village Level Federation
- Virtual Lookaside Facility (IBM)
- Visitor Location Function
- Very Low Frequency Activity
- Very Low Flow Constant
- Via Low Frequency Direct
- Very Large Free Flying Sails
- Very Large Financial Institution
- Virtual Link Frame Information
- Variable-Length to Fixed-Length (encoding scheme)
- Very Long Five Letter Acronym
- Visual Languages and Formal Methods
- Very Low Fluence Response
Samples in periodicals archive:
Defective activity of peroxisomal lignoceroyl-CoA ligase is considered to lead to the accumulation of very long chain fatty acid (VLCFA) in various tissues and fluids as a secondary phenomenon [3,4].