Northrop Grumman, together with Schweizer Aircraft Corporation and Lockheed Martin Federal Systems Owego, has submitted a proposal for the Navy's Vertical Takeoff and Landing Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (VTUAV) competition, which will provide an unmanned aircraft to fly from any "air capable" combat ship for real-time reconnaissance and targeting missions.
What does VTOL-UAV stand for?
VTOL-UAV stands for Vertical Takeoff and Landing Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (US DoD)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Visiontree Optimal Care (software)
- Visual Table Of Contents
- Vocational Training Opportunity Centre (Young Women's Christian Association Malaysia)
- Volatile Toxic Organic Compounds
- Volume Table Of Contents
- Vintage Thunderbirds of Houston (Texas)
- Vertical Take Off Horizontal Landing (aviation)
- Virtual Tunnel Over Internet Protocol
- Vaginal Trial of Labor
- Vertical Take-Off & Landing
- Vertical Take Off and Landing Fighter
- Visual Tools Object Model
- Vaginal Termination of Pregnancy
- Vertical Take-Off Plane
- Very Thin Outline Package (ceramic capacitors; Vishay Vitramon)
- Voluntary Termination Of Pregnancy
- Vessel Traffic Oil Pollution Information System (Astra Paging Ltd.)
- Vent to Outside (HVAC)
- Verification and Test OS (software)
- Virtual Technology Operating System (computing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
to provide the data links to support the Eagle Eye Vertical Takeoff and Landing Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (VUAV) for the U.
military requirements for a future vertical takeoff and landing unmanned aerial vehicle (VTOL/UAV).