A vertical portal is a multi-function Website that provides information to specific groups.
What does VORTAL stand for?
VORTAL stands for Vertical Portal (a subject/industry-specific web portal site)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Victorian Off Road Racing Association (Glen Iris, Victoria, Australia)
- Very Old Rare Sherry (wine)
- Victim Offender Restitution Services (Centinela Youth Services, Inc.; Hawthorne, CA)
- Vinum Optimum Rare Signatum (Latin wine term)
- Virtual Organization Resource Selector (computer science)
- Very Ordinary Rendering Toolkit (images)
- Vestibular Ocular Reflex Test (kimmetrics)
- VHF Omnidirectional (Radio) Ranging Test
- Very High Frequency Omni-Directional Radio Range Tactical Air Navigation Aid
- VHF Omnidirectional Range/Tactical Aircraft Control
- Vocabularies, Ontologies and Rules for the Enterprise
- Varian Omni Task Real-Time Executive
- Verification of the Origins of Rotation In Tornadoes Experiment
- Vortex Ring Transit Experiment (University of Michigan)
- Vortex Objective Radar Tracking and Circulation (hurricane tracking technique)
- Voice of Russia World Service
- Aircraft, Heavier Than Air, Observation-Scouting (US naval aircraft nomenclature)
- Vacuum Operated Switch (Harley-Davidson)
- Vehicle Office S
- Vehicle Operating Survey
Samples in periodicals archive:
Merrill Lynch's supermarket approach, or vertical portal strategy, serves high-net-worth customers who value expert advice and are less price-sensitive.
com, a joint venture of Jump Internet, LLC and Heishman Porsche, today announced its Porsche specific vertical portal is live and available free to Porsche enthusiasts at www.
Interested individuals, industry and financial analysts, vendors, advertisers, and journalists who are looking to define the opportunities and parameters within the vertical portal market can do so by joining the Portal-V mailing list.
com are creating a world class commerce-enabled vertical portal that will be the premier resource and destination for the manufacturers, distributors and buyers of the plastics industry.
The Internet Information Exchange is built upon the mature Aeneid content aggregation and commerce technology combined with strategic vertical portal relationships, making the network a powerful platform for business.
Customers include e-commerce market makers, catalogs, shopping bots and vertical portals.
EoCenter Transforms Vertical Portals Into Destination Sites by Giving Access To Focused Industry Content OLYMPIC VALLEY, Calif.