An L2 Handover can be a horizontal handover when the same interface is used and the link-layer connection changes or a vertical handover when the interface changes, for example when a device moves from a connection to a GPRS radio access network to a WLAN 802.
What does VHO stand for?
VHO stands for Vertical Handover
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VHO
We have 14 other meanings of VHO in our Acronym Attic
- Virtual Home Network
- Volontaire de Haut Niveau (French: High Level Volunteer; military officer)
- Vinegar Hill Neighborhood Association (Springfield, IL)
- Van Halen News Desk
- Variant Hepatocyte Nuclear Factor 1
- Vita Herb Nutriceuticals Inc. (Placentia, CA)
- Vereniging Het Nederlandse Kooikerhondje (Dutch dog breed association)
- Very High Net Worth
- Van Hopplynus Ophtalm (Belgian medical equipment distributor)
- Verein für Höhlenkunde in Obersteier (German caving association)
- Video Heat Online
- Video Hub Office
- Vienna Hotels Online (Vienna, Austria)
- Virtual Home Organization (authorization and authentication infrastructure)
- Volatile Halogenated Organics
- Voluntary Health Organization (various locations)
- Vrij Historisch Onderzoek
- Valley Horse Owners Association (California)
- Valley Hills Obedience Club, Inc. (Canoga Park, CA)
- Very Hydrophobic Organic Compound
Samples in periodicals archive:
Seamless Multimedia and Vertical Handover Report 2008 http://www.
Topics examined include completeness estimation of range queries in structured overlays, handling network partitioners and mergers in structured overlay networks, the impact of vertical handovers on cooperative content distribution systems, and distributed automatic file description tuning in peer-to-peer file-sharing systems.