GII is a new 230kV phase angle regulator ("PAR") controlled, 34-mile alternating current transmission line capable of flowing 400 megawatts of electricity between upstate New York (from a substation in Plattsburgh) and Vermont (at a new Vermont Electric Power Company substation to be located near Essex, VT).
What does VELCO stand for?
VELCO stands for Vermont Electric Power Company
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Vernal, Utah, USA - Vernal Regional Airport
- Virgin Enterprises Limited
- Visual Electrodiagnostic Laboratory
- Visually Effective Lumens (lighting technology)
- Voluntary Expenditure Limit (various locations)
- Van Etten Lake Association (est. 1996; Oscoda, MI)
- Vereinigung Ehemaliger Limbacher Absolventen (German: Former Alumni Association Limbach; Limbach-Oberfrahna, Germany)
- Vermont Education Leadership Alliance (US Department of Education)
- Verification of Liquefaction Analysis by Centrifuge Studies
- Valley Elderberry Longhorn Beetle
- Velour Crochet (French for velvet hook)
- Venture Enhancement & Loan Development Administration for Smaller Undercapitalized Enterprises
- Virginia Environmental Law Forum (University of Virginia School of Law)
- Virtual European Laser Institute
- Centre for Values, Ethics and the Law in Medicine
- Virginia Environmental Law Journal (University of Virginia)
- Vereinigte Evangelisch Lutherische Kirche Deutschlands (German church group)
- Vereinigten Evangelisch Lutherischen Kirche in Indien (German: United Evangelical Lutheran Church in India)
- Velketor's Labyrinth (Everquest)
- Velocity Log (oil industry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American company, Vermont Electric Power Company (VELCO), had been searching for some time for a company that had the knowledge and experience to complete a radio network in Vermont to allow them to communicate with their staff on the road.
After the 2003 blackout, the Vermont Electric Power Company (VELCo) sought approval to construct a large, expensive upgrade of a major transmission line in Vermont.
7 million largely due to earnings from Vermont Transco LLC ("Transco"), which was formed in June 2006 by Vermont Electric Power Company Inc.
Through the program, ISO-NE and transmission operator Vermont Electric Power Company (VELCO) will be able to call upon demand response assets in the targeted Central Vermont territory, with 30 minutes notification, to curtail load in emergency conditions.
2 million largely due to earnings from Vermont Transco LLC ("Transco"), which was formed in June 2006 by Vermont Electric Power Company Inc.
Donleavy, President & CEO, Vermont Electric Power Company (VELCO).
2 million largely due to 2007 earnings from Vermont Transco LLC ("Transco"), which was formed in June 2006 by Vermont Electric Power Company Inc.