By helping to ensure access to critical data and optimizing I/O performance across multiple paths between the application server and Maranti CoreSTOR platform, VERITAS Volume Manager gives customers flexibility in building high-performance storage area networks (SANs.
What does VXVM stand for?
VXVM stands for Veritas Volume Manager (disk storage management software)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Oceanographic Development Squadron (US Navy Aviation unit designation used from 1969 to1993)
- Variable Crystal Oscillator
- Vaxjo, Sweden - Vaxjo (Airport Code)
- Video Excellence Processing (trademark of Gennum)
- Voice Xchange Platform (software)
- Velocity X, Single-Engine (best single-engine angle of climb; aviation)
- Vehicle Excitement Team (Chrysler Group LLC)
- Vertical Christmas Tree (oil industry)
- Virtual X-Terminal
- Visual XML (Extensible Markup Language) Transformer (computing)
- Various Years
- Velocity along the Y-Axis
- Velocity Y (Best Rate of Climb - Aviation)
- Vince Young (football quarterback)
- Vaughan Youth Athletic Association
- Virginia YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association) Aquatic Club
- Vermont Youth Activism Network
- Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (Bangalore, India)
- Virtual YearBook
Samples in periodicals archive:
The EMC volume manager will offer very similar functionality to Veritas Volume Manager, as it will allow capacity in multiple disk arrays to be pooled, and will allow data to be moved one array to array without the need to shut down or reconfigure applications.
Specifically, the portfolio includes the VERITAS Volume Manager for storage virtualisation and management for storage hardware and the VERITAS Cluster Server for application management.
The cluster enhancements to the VERITAS Volume Manager enable multiple nodes in a cluster to share disk groups across the cluster.
Veritas Storage Foundation combines Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas File System to provide a complete solution for online storage management.
The VERITAS Volume Manager software within CIM-SAN 2 will allow for discovery and creation of volumes in a SAN.
VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM) virtualizes and centralizes storage resources over a SAN.
VERITAS Storage Foundation software combines VERITAS Volume Manager and VERITAS File System to simplify client file system management and improve the utilization of complex storage systems.