The European-American Prison Project, which is a new project managed by the Vera Institute of Justice in collaboration with the Pennsylvania DOC and funded by the Prison Law Office, aims to educate American and European policymakers about successful corrections policies and practices used in the United States and Europe.
What does VIJ stand for?
VIJ stands for Vera Institute of Justice (New York, NY)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VIJ
- VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) Innovation and Interoperability Program
- Vaccine-Induced Immune Response
- Visible Infrared Imager Radiometer Suite
- Virgin Islands National Park (US National Park Service)
- Virginia Immunization Information System (Virginia Department of Health; Richmond, VA)
- Virtual Infrastructure Implementation Strategy
- Vision Imaging Internet Services (Yucaipa, CA)
- Vision Impaired InService in America
- Vertical Intra Industry Trade
- Vishwakarma Institute of Technology (Pune, India)
- Very Important Job
- Viacom International Japan
- Victorians Institute Journal (est. 1972)
- Vishveshvaranand Indological Journal (India)
- Vancouver Island Junior Hockey League (Canada)
- Virginia Institute for Justice Information Systems (University of Virginia; Charlottesville, VA)
- Vancouver Island Java User Group (Canada)
- Value in Kind
- Vehicle Integration Kit
- Verband der Industriellen Energie- und Kraftwirtschaft. eV
Samples in periodicals archive:
3) A recent Vera Institute of Justice study found that the true cost of prisons is much higher, and includes costs outside of corrections budgets such as employee benefits and taxes, pensions and health care contributions, capital costs, and inmate services such as hospital care, education, and training.
Adam Gelb, director of the Public Safety Performance Project of the Pew Center on the States, said that partnering with the Vera Institute of Justice, the Pew Center will analyze the state's criminal justice system data to determine what's driving the incarceration rate, determine the best use of the state's limited resources, compare sentencing and corrections policies with the national norm, and work with the Sentencing Commission to develop recommendations for improving public safety.
Kutateladze, a researcher for the International Indicators Group of the Vera Institute of Justice, questions that conclusion by challenging the definition of punitiveness and presenting a multi-dimensional measure of state government punitiveness that incorporates 44 punitiveness indicators.
Dan Wilhelm, vice president of the Vera Institute of Justice, New York, referring to state fiscal crises and corrections policy options, at the NCSL Fall Forum in San Diego.
Howard Skolnik, the departmentÕs director, is working on an agreement with the Vera Institute of Justice for a two-year study of the system, which could recommend how to best deal with shrinking budgets, overextended staff and the continual flow of repeat offenders.
The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) report Policing in Arab-American Communities After September 11 discusses a study by the Vera Institute of Justice that examined how the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, affected relationships between law enforcement officers and residents in Arab-American neighborhoods.
Studies by the Urban Institute, the Vera Institute of Justice and others show that parole outcomes improve when an individual has strong family support.