In the search for a high-volume extra-cardiac shunt, cerebral ultrasound revealed a vein of Galen malformation (VGM) with massive hydrocephalus with no normal brain parenchyma (Fig.
What does VGM stand for?
VGM stands for Vein of Galen Malformation (cardiovascular medicine)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VGM
We have 31 other meanings of VGM in our Acronym Attic
- Vector Generalized Linear Models
- Visual General Linear Models (graphing software)
- Video Game Lighthouse Network
- Variable-Gain Low-Noise Amplifier
- Voortgezet Gewoon Lager Onderwijs (Dutch primary school)
- Vos Gueules Les Punks
- Victorian Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby (Melbourne, Victoria, Australia)
- Gravity Assisted Manoeuvres at Venus (space exploration)
- Vakýflar Genel Müdürlüðü (Turkish: General Directorate of Foundations)
- Veiligheid, Gezondheid, Milieu (Dutch: Safety, Health, Environment; regulated management system)
- Video Game Music
- Virement de Gros Montant (French: Transfer Large Amount)
- Virtual General Manager (game)
- Virtual Global Marketing
- Volume Globulaire Moyen (French: Average Blood Volume)
- V&G Marketing Associates (Kansas City, MO)
- Video Game Machines Act (South Carolina)
- Video Game Music Archive (website)
- Visa Gold Medal Athlete
- Virginia Grand Military Band (Vienna, VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pierce's condition, Vein of Galen malformation - where a short circuit of blood vessels causes a vein in the brain to swell up - meant he had so many blood vessels requiring sealing that after seven brain ops, Dr Bhattacharya had to perform a world first to cure the tot.
Jo Bhattacharya, a surgeon at Glasgow's Royal Hospital for Sick Children, was asked to operate on a 16-day-old child who had been diagnosed with a rare brain condition called the Vein of Galen malformation.
5 kg was scheduled for embolisation of a Vein of Galen malformation.
She has Vein of Galen malformation, causing tiny holes in her brain's blood vessels.
The family suffered further heartache when Edward was diagnosed with autism at the age of two and he continues to undergo treatment for the vein of Galen malformation which has caused brain damage.
of South Florida) and contributors have added sections on postoperative headache, ankylosing spondylitus, spontaneous intracranial hypotension, sacral fractures, and Modic classification of vertebral body degenerative changes amongst other topics while also updating such topics as post-herpetic neuralgia, vein of Galen malformations, and cavernous malformations.
Discussion Vein of Galen malformation constitutes an IC mass lesion, and presents in the newborn in approximately 40 to 50% of the cases, (1) sometimes masquerading as cyanotic congenital heart disease.