As of Wednesday, 18 California counties have reported cases of West Niles virus this year -- including in a crow found in Woodland Hills last month -- up from just nine during the same period last year, said Vicki Kramer, chief of the California Department of Public Health's Vector-Borne Disease Section.
What does VBDS stand for?
VBDS stands for Vector-Borne Disease Section
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VBDS
We have 4 other meanings of VBDS in our Acronym Attic
- Veterans Business Development Officer (US Small Business Administration)
- Valence Band Density of States
- Vector-Borne Disease Program (bite-caused infections)
- Vee Boat Design Program (software; AeroMarine Research)
- Virginia Beach Department of Public Health
- Veterans' Advisory Board on Dose Reconstruction (Bethesda, MD)
- Victorian Birth Defects Register
- Value-Based Distribution Reliability Assessment
- Van Bussel Document Services (est. 1993; Netherlands)
- Vanishing Bile Duct Syndrome
- Victoria Ballroom Dance Society (Canada)
- Vision-Based Detection System
- Vorarlberger Berufsverband Diplomierter SozialarbeiterInnen (German: Vorarlberg Professional Association of Certified Social Workers; Vorarlberg, Austria)
- Visible Beam Downward Solar Flux
- Base-Emitter Voltage (transistors)
- Vanillyl Butyl Ether
- Verband Bildung und Erziehung (German: Combined Training and Education)
- VESA Bios Extension
- Veteran Business Enterprise (business classification)
- Visual Basic Editor (Microsoft)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We are seeing more (mosquito) activity statewide than what we experienced last year at this point in time," said Vicki Kramer, chief scientist of the vector-borne disease section for the California Department of Public Health.
It will spread to other parts of the state,'' said Vicki Kramer, head of the California Department of Health Service's vector-borne disease section.