Vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor 1 (VPAC1) couples heterotrimeric G proteins, Gas and G[alpha]i, that activate and inhibit adenylate cyclase cAMP production.
What does VIPR1 stand for?
VIPR1 stands for Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide Receptor 1 (human gene; also seen as VIPRI)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico
- Virtual Internet Protocol Routing (Ascend)
- Virtual Presence
- Virtual-Tape Interface to Pool Routine
- Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (aka Visible Intermodal Protection and Response; US DHHS)
- Visible Intermodal Protection and Response (aka Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response)
- Vision/Image Processing Research
- Visual Intermodal Protection and Response (US TSA)
- visual pattern recognition
- Voltage/Ion Probe Reader
- Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide Receptor Type 2
- Virus Intrusion Protection Remediation Engine (Sunbelt Software)
- Virtual Instructor Pilot Research Group
- Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide Receptor I (also seen as VIPR1)
- Variable Profile Rollformer (sheet metal)
- Video Processing and Multimedia Communications Symposium
- Vital Information Portal Reporting System
- Variable Impedance Phase Shifter
- Variable Information Processing System
- VAT (value added tax) Information Management System
Samples in periodicals archive:
50] 11:40 THE FIVE TRANSMEMBRANE VASOACTIVE INTESTINAL PEPTIDE RECEPTOR 1 ISOFORM IS EXPRESSED IN HUMAN BLOOD CD14+ MONOCYTE CELLS.
IK has been shown to decrease expression of an anti-proliferative, G-protein coupled receptor, vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor 1 (VPAC1) when ectopically overexpressed in NIH-3T3 cells.