The number of variae lectiones was so great in this case that for two lines of texts two pages of small print were necessary to accommodate the variants.
What does VV LL stand for?
VV LL stands for Variae Lectiones (Various Readings)
This definition appears very rarely
- Visiting Vehicle
- Visual Verification
- Vittorio Veneto (Italian city)
- Vivenda (Portuguese: house; postal usage)
- Vocoded Voice (type of Frequency Shift Keying)
- Voetbalverenging (Dutch: Football Club)
- Voice Verify
- Verification, Validation and Approval
- Verification, Validation, and Accreditation
- Verification, Validation, and Authentication
- Verification, Validation and Accreditation/Certification
- Verification, Validation and Certification
- Vancouver, Victoria & Eastern Railway and Navigation Company
- Verification, Validation and Evaluation
- Vicia Villosa Adherent
- Venous Volume at 30 mmHg
- Variable Valve Actuation (automotive technology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A section in the back of the book contains variae lectiones, followed by a complete Hebrew translation of each tosefta targum.
In other words, the variae lectiones in the Arabic textual evidence can be seen as a reflex of the formulaic variants in what was formerly a living oral tradition.