Misfiring problems normally associated with a low compression diesel have been overcome by using new-style piezo fuel injectors, ceramic glow plugs and advanced variable valve lift.
What does VVL stand for?
VVL stands for Variable Valve Lift (Nissan)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of VVL
We have 18 other meanings of VVL in our Acronym Attic
- Vojska Velikog Kolca (Croatian: Grand Army of Poles; gaming)
- Volksraad Verkiesing Kommissie (Afrikaans: People’s Chamber Election Commission; South Africa)
- Voorverkoop (Dutch: Advance Purchase)
- Vorverkauf (German: Advance Purchase)
- Vereniging Van Kunststof Leveranciers (PlasticsEurope Netherlands)
- Vereniging Van Klinisch Psychologen (Dutch: Flemish Association of Clinical Psychologists; Netherlands)
- Verbond Van Katholieke Scouts (Dutch: Association of Catholic Scouts)
- Vlaams Verbond Van Katholieke Scouts en Meisjesgidsen (Belgian youth organization)
- Valstybine Vaistu Kontroles Tarnyba (Lithuanian: State Medicines Control Agency)
- Vereniging Van Kinder Verpleegkundigen (Dutch: Association of Pediatric Nurses)
- Verbund Virtuelles Labor (German: Collaborative Virtual Laboratory; engineering; Reutlingen, Germany)
- Vereniging Voor Logica (Netherlands)
- Vereniging voor Logopedisten (Dutch: Association for Speech Therapists)
- Vincent Voice Library (Michigan State University)
- Vision Video Limited
- Video & Voice Over LAN
- Vereniging Vlaamse Leerkrachten Engels (Belgium)
- Vermont Volunteer Lawyers Project (Vermont Bar Association and Legal Services Law Line)
- Vietnam Veterans Leadership Program
- Verde Valley Land Preservation Institute
Samples in periodicals archive:
The variable valve lift is accomplished through the use of a unique roller finger follower that is adjustable for two different lifts.
6-liter, 24-valve, double overhead-cam V-6 with variable valve lift and timing (290 horsepower, 260 foot-pounds of torque),.
0 turbo/direct injection 4-cylinder, which now develops 211 hp (up 11 ponies), has variable valve lift on the exhaust camshaft (yes the exhaust, with the intercooled turbo).
0-liter 32-valve V8 engine with Infiniti's advanced Variable Valve Lift & Event (VVEL) technology.
0-liter engine that carries a ''Valvematic'' continuously variable valve lift mechanism are 8 percent more fuel efficient than conventional models, according to Japan's biggest automaker.
0-liter engine outfitted with a "Valvematic" continuously variable valve lift mechanism for superior driving and environmental performance as well as an Intelligent Parking Assist system, satisfying the diverse needs of customers for a comfortable driving experience and display of strong individuality in minivans of just the right size.
It is a variable valve lift system which uses the intake valves to control the flow of fuel/air mixture into the cylinders with the result of a better spread of power and torque and increased fuel efficiency.