The strategy includes the generation of chimeric Tf-R, containing domains of the variable surface glycoprotein (VSG), a GPI-anchored protein expressed on the entire surface of trypanosomes.
What does VSG stand for?
VSG stands for Variable Surface Glycoprotein
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VSG
We have 84 other meanings of VSG in our Acronym Attic
- Voiles Sans Frontieres Suisse (French: Sails Without Borders Switzerland; est. 2002; Switzerland)
- Vermont School Food Service Association
- Vacuum String Field Theory
- Variable Speed Friction Test (automotive engineering)
- Very Secure FTP
- Very Secure File Transfer Protocol Daemon (Linux)
- Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows
- Lugansk, Ukraine (Airport Code)
- Valle San Giovanni (Italy)
- Variable Spreading Gain
- Vector Signal Generator
- Vegetarian Society of Georgia (USA)
- Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (surgical procedure)
- Vertical Support Group
- Vibe Solutions Group (St. Louis, MO)
- Vibrating Structure Gyroscope
- Viglen Storage Group (UK)
- Vincentian Sisters of Charity (religious order)
- Virgin Sun Grown (cigar)
- Virtual Support Group (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He then moves on to more recent discoveries regarding immunity, antigenic variation, and the role of variable surface glycoproteins.