In the absence of a comprehensive vaccine against this organism, the characterization of its variable surface antigens is important for epidemiologic monitoring and vaccine development (2).
What does VSA stand for?
VSA stands for Variable Surface Antigen
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VSA
We have 163 other meanings of VSA in our Acronym Attic
- Very Slightly Imperfect 2 (diamonds)
- Visual Studio .NET 2003 (Microsoft)
- Visual Studio .NET 2005 (Microsoft)
- Visual Studio .NET 2008 (Microsoft)
- Visual Studio 6
- Vacuum Society of Australia
- Valley Soaring Association (Sacramento, CA)
- Value Stream Analysis
- Variable Signal Analyzer
- Variable Stability Aircraft
- Variant-Specific Surface Antigen (gene)
- Variation Simulation Analysis
- Vasospastic Angina
- Vector Signal Analyzer
- Vehicle Stability Assist (Acura)
- Vektan Security Agency (gaming)
- Vendor Security Analyst
- Vendor-Specific Attribute
- Verein Schweizerischer Archivarinnen (German: Association of Swiss Archivists)
- Vermont Statutes Annotated (laws)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new tests detect IgG antibodies to the C6 peptide component of the variable surface antigen of B.
The molecular basis for these features can be attributed to the differential production of dominant variable surface antigens of the Vmp protein families (16).