In a variable prepaid forward contract (VPFC), the investor agrees to sell a variable amount of shares (up to a maximum amount) to an investment bank at some date in the future (typically 3-5 years) in exchange for an upfront cash payment.
What does VPFC stand for?
VPFC stands for Variable Prepaid Forward Contract (US IRS)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
- Virtual Private Facility
- Virtual Prototype Facility
- Vishwak Portal Framework
- Vulvar Pain Foundation
- Vector Product Format Production System
- Vascular Permeability Factor/Vascular Endothelial Cell Growth Factor
- Vice President of Financial Affairs (various schools)
- Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement (university position)
- Vice-President for Finance & Administration
- Victorian Poultry Fanciers Association (Australia)
- Valley Park Fire District (Missouri)
- Video Processing Front End
- Vice President for Facilities (American University of Beirut; Lebanon)
- Virginia Professional Fire Fighters
- Valcovny Plechu Frydek Mistek (Czech; Czech Republic)
- Vice President for Finance and Operations
- Vice President, Fleet Operations
- Vice President of Federal Programs
- Vernal Pool Fairy Shrimp
- Ventilatory Pulmonary Function Tests
Samples in periodicals archive:
5 million shares of Reebok common stock utilizing variable prepaid forward contracts.
One such strategy is the so-called variable prepaid forward contract (VPF), under which a taxpayer agrees to deliver to a counterparty, in exchange for an upfront cash payment, an amount of stock in the future that varies based on the stock price.
NYSE: RBK), announced today that he and his wife have adopted a stock trading plan under which they will sell up to 2 million shares of Reebok common stock through variable prepaid forward contracts entered into at three pre-determined price levels.
NYSE: MTH)--Due to the recent changes in market conditions, the variable prepaid forward contract for 200,000 shares of Meritage stock entered into by Co-Chairman and Co-Chief Executive Steve Hilton has been cancelled.
NYSE: MTH) Friday announced that Steve Hilton, co-chairman and co-chief executive officer of the company, entered into a variable prepaid forward contract for 200,000 shares of Meritage stock in order to pay down debt and diversify his personal investment portfolio, subsequent to his recent divorce earlier this year.
In order to finance his investment, Schultz entered into Variable Prepaid Forward Contracts (VPFC) for approximately 1.
Restatement of Financial Results The restatement primarily concerns certain variable prepaid forward contracts entered into in 2002 related to TDS' ownership of American Depository Receipts of Vodafone Group Plc and shares of Deutsche Telekom AG.