These techniques include targets, such as TTC (7,8) rpoT (9-12) and variable number of tandem repeats (VNTRs) (13-16).
What does VNTR stand for?
VNTR stands for Variable Number of Tandem Repeats (genetics)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VNTR
- Vanuatu National Training Council
- Van Nederlandse Tapijt Fabrikanten (Dutch: Dutch Carpet Industy in China)
- Viet Nam of Trading Information Joint Stock Company (web design)
- Susceptibility of Blast (US DoD)
- target vulnerability indicator designating degree of hardness (US DoD)
- target vulnerability indicator designating degree of hardness; susceptibility of blast; and K-factor (US DoD)
- Vulnerability Number for Thermonuclear Kill
- Virtual Network Topology Manager
- Variable Nucleotide Tandem-Repeat
- Variable Number of Terminal Repeat
- Volpe National Transportation System Center
- Via Networking Switch Management Protocol
- Vinnytsia National Technical University (Ukraine)
- Vantive Corporation (former stock symbol; now delisted)
- Vehicle Navigation Unit (Honeywell)
- Verenigde Nederlandse Uitgeversbedrijven (Dutch)
- Vietnam National University (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- Volontaires des Nations Unies (French)
- Vancouver NetWare Users Group (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
From the original description of PCR have come variations such as: * real-time or quantitative for measuring the amount of starting DNA present in the sample; * reverse transcriptase for amplifying RNA; * multiplex for amplifying more than one target strand of DNA at a time; * amplification of variable number of tandem repeats (VNTR) and short tandem repeats (STR) is used to analyze a genome and is the basis of DNA fingerprinting databases like CODIS; * touchdown PCR in which the annealing temperature decreases in later cycles to increase the amount of amplification as the assay proceeds; and * methylation-specific PCR which is used to measure methylation of the DNA at cytosine-guanine islands.
To obtain the discrimination needed for outbreak investigations, high-discriminatory molecular methods like pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (PFGE) and multiple-locus variable number of tandem repeats analysis (MLVA) are favorable.
Results of the Clinical Study In this study, the association between a Parathyroid Hormone Related Peptide (PTHrP) variable number of tandem repeats (VNTR) polymorphism and peak bone mass was examined in 234 young healthy Finnish males.
Their genetic relatedness was evaluated at 5 loci that contained a variable number of tandem repeats (VNTR).
Variable number of tandem repeats in Salmonella enterica subsp, enterica for typing purposes.
Genetic diversity in Mycobacterium ulcerans isolates from Ghana revealed by a newly identified locus containing a variable number of tandem repeats.
Spoligotyping and pattern of variable number of tandem repeats identified 10 molecular groups; two found by conventional methods were subdivided.