These engines utilize a variable geometry turbocharger (designated "V"), series turbochargers ("S") or a wastegate turbocharger ("W").
What does VGT stand for?
VGT stands for Variable Geometry Turbocharger
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VGT
We have 37 other meanings of VGT in our Acronym Attic
- Virginia Genealogical Society Quarterly
- Virginia German Shepherd Rescue
- Visual General Stepwise Regression
- Video Gateway and Streaming Services Platform
- Vein Graft Surveillance Trial (clinical trial; vascular surgery)
- Vereniging Van Gereformeerde Studenten in Twente (Dutch)
- Van Gereformeerde Studenten in Utrecht (Dutch: Association of Students in Utrecht Reformed)
- Violet-Green Swallow (bird species Tachycineta thalassina)
- Las Vegas, NV, USA - North Air Terminal (Airport Code)
- Variable Geometry Truss
- Verein Gegen Tierfabriken (German: association against animal factories)
- Viewgraph Transparency
- Vince Guaraldi Trio (band)
- Virtual Gaming Table
- Virtual Global Taskforce (anti-child abuse network)
- Volvo Global Trucks
- Vale of Glamorgan Training Association (UK)
- Vietnam Gold Traders Association
- Visualization and Graphics Technical Committee
- Vulcan Gunner Tracking Evaluation
Samples in periodicals archive:
0 litre common-rail diesel featuring a high pressure, direct injection system with variable geometry turbocharger.
2', to give it its full title, is an advanced common-rail diesel engine featuring a variable geometry turbocharger and a high pressure fuel injection system.
This latest generation engine is an advanced, four cylinder dual overhead cam turbo-charged unit featuring a high-pressure common rail fuel injection system and variable geometry turbocharger with intercooler.
Evaluation of a variable geometry turbocharger turbine on a commercial diesel engine.
Both versions have a new variable geometry turbocharger and are re-calibrated from scratch to deliver the new levels of performance.
The ecoFLEX tweaked engine with variable geometry turbocharger, married to taller gearbox ratios, reduces emissions to a CO2 of just of just 119g/km, compared to the straight 1.
Besides technologies such as Diesel Particulate Filters & Common Rail Diesel Injection, Variable Geometry Turbochargers will also have a very high market potential," says Hariher Balasubramanian, Research Analyst at Frost & Sullivan's Automotive & Transportation practice.