On the Regal Turbo, the available Interactive Drive Control System changes the driving dynamics by altering suspension, shift pattern and steering sensitivity through the variable effort steering system.
What does VES stand for?
VES stands for Variable Effort Steering (automotive)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of VES
We have 107 other meanings of VES in our Acronym Attic
- Vertical Takeoff & Landing
- Vertical Replenishment
- Vertical Replenishments (US Navy)
- Virtual Emergency Response Training System
- Vermont Emergency Response Volunteers
- Verify Write Access
- Vacuum Exhaust System (US NASA)
- Validation des Etudes Supérieures (French: Validation of Graduate Studies; degree initiative; France)
- Vanuatu Espiritu Santo (island)
- Vapor Extraction System
- Variable Exhaust System (Polaris snowmobiles)
- Vehicle Effectiveness and Safety
- Vehicle Emission Standard (automotive regulation)
- Velocità di Eritrosedimentazione (Italian: red blood cells sedimentation rate)
- Vent, Enter, and Search (fire rescue technique)
- Ventilation, Entry and Search (fire rescue strategy)
- Ventrikuläre Extrasystole (German: Ventricular Extrasystole; cardiology)
- Veolia Environmental Services (Veolia Environnement)
- Vertical Electric(al) Sounding(s)
- Vesicular Exanthema of Swine
Samples in periodicals archive:
Safety is of the highest standard with numerous airbags, plus speed-sensitive variable effort steering, four-channel ABS with emergency braking and traction control all standard.
The SC2 has slightly stiffer tuned shocks, a rear stabilizer bar and speed-sensitive variable effort steering for quicker response in keeping with the aggressive image of Saturn's top-of-the-line coupe.
Beyond fuel economy, our EPS system helps improve a vehicle's drivability through patented features like active returnability, active damping and continuously variable effort steering which enhance the driving experience," stated Ron Voigt, business line director, steering systems.
Now featured on seven models including the Fiat Panda (the 2004 European Car of the Year), Delphi Electric Power Steering currently offers advanced tunable features such as active return-to- center, variable effort steering and active damping for improved vehicle stability and safety that is optimized for each vehicle application.
6L V-6 VVT * RWD and optional AWD available * Seats up to seven with the optional third-row seat * UltraView sunroof over first and second row -- largest opening in segment * Segment-first, optional Magnetic Ride Control real-time damping system * Speed-sensitive variable effort steering * Four-channel ABS with Panic Brake Assist and traction control * Four-channel StabiliTrak * Optional rear cargo management system available as an alternative to third row Cadillac is a division of General Motors Corp.
Speed sensitive variable effort steering, four-channel ABS with Panic Brake Assist and traction control and available AWD also are included.
The MAGNASTEER System offers vehicle engineers greater control of the steering system's personality by providing a significantly wider variable effort steering range and one of the widest power assist steering ranges available in the industry, Tosch said.