The new equipment is the world's first encoder to support both the MPEG-2(Note A) standard and offer the advantages of constant bit rate coding(Note B) and variable bit rate coding(Note C).
What does VBR stand for?
VBR stands for Variable Bit Rate
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VBR
We have 54 other meanings of VBR in our Acronym Attic
- Visual Basic Project Management Journal
- Verio Business Partner Program
- Volcanic Basin Petroleum Research (Oslo, Norway)
- Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation Foundation (Virginia)
- Virginia Beach Public Schools
- Vishwa Bharti Public School (India)
- Venous Blood Pressure at the Posterior Tibial Vein
- Volley Balma Quint-Fonsegrives (French volleyball club)
- Vail Board of Realtors (Vail, CO)
- Valid Business Reason
- variable bore ram (oil drilling)
- Vector Base Register
- Ventricle-to-Brain Ratio (brain atrophy analysis)
- Verducci Breakaway Racing (bicycling)
- Vertebral Body Replacement
- Very Best Regards
- Vinnell-Brown and Root (Turkey)
- Violation of the Basic Rule (Oregon traffic division)
- Virginia Blue Ridge Railway
- Variable Bit Rate - Non Real Time (also abbreviated as VBRNRT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Also, cable operators have the ability to upgrade EGT encoders with feature-rich enhancements, such as variable bit rate and distributed closed-loop encoding.
As the new variable bit rate technology enables the recording of more than 135 minutes of high-quality video pictures on a 12cm optical disc it is a big step towards realizing one full movie on one disc.
AAC LC encoder: implements MPEG-4 AAC LC and MPEG-2 AAC LC 2-channel encoding compliant with ISO/IEC 14496-3, supporting Constant Bit Rate, Variable Bit Rate, TNS, PNS, Joint Stereo, ADIF and ADTS encoding formats.
Adelphia has the ability to upgrade EGT encoders with feature-rich enhancements, such as variable bit rate and distributed closed-loop encoding.
one of the first cable operators in the world to deploy digital simulcast services, has upgraded their EGT Constant Bit Rate (CBR) MPEG-2 Encoders to become Closed-Loop Variable Bit Rate (VBR) with the CHORUS Closed-Loop software package.
5 (extensions of MPEG-1) layer 1/2/3 (MP3) decoding with support for constant bit rate, variable bit rate, and free formats.
The traffic management co-processor within the SAR supports Constant Bit Rate (CBR) and Variable Bit Rate (VBR) among other bit rates.