Determinations for urinary calcium, steroids, and vanillylmandelic acid (VMA) are best preserved with an acid pH of 3 or less, while testing for porphyrins, urobilinogen, and uric acid requires an alkaline environment.
What does VMA stand for?
VMA stands for Vanillylmandelic Acid
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VMA
We have 166 other meanings of VMA in our Acronym Attic
- Virtual Machine/Programming in Logic
- Velocity Measurement/Rocket Ignition (mortar technology)
- Virtual Machine/Real Time Monitor
- Virtual Machine/System Extension
- Virtual Machine/System Product
- Virtual Machine/Extended Architecture
- Marine Attack Squadron
- Valid Memory Address
- Valley Medical Associates (various organizations)
- Vancouver Musicians' Association
- Variable Air Volume Modular Assembly
- Vector Memory Address
- Vehicle Maintenance Agreement
- Véhicules Militaires d'Artois (French: Military Vehicles Artois; Artois, France)
- Vertical Market Analysis
- Veterinary Medicine Anesthesia/Anesthesiology/Anesthesiologist
- Video Motion Analysis (biometrics)
- Video Music Awards (MTV)
- Vienna Academy of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research Conference and Association Management (Vienna, Austria)
- Vienna Academy of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research
Samples in periodicals archive:
Serum hydrocortisone, serum catecholamine and urine vanillylmandelic acid levels were normal.
7 jg/24 h, normal: up to 444) and vanillylmandelic acid (7.
Laboratory studies show high urinary levels of vanillylmandelic acid.
Laboratory values were significant for an elevated urine homovanillic acid (HVA)/creatinine ratio of 361, and a normal urine vanillylmandelic acid (VMA)/creatinine ratio.
Urine samples for homovanillic acid (HVA) and vanillylmandelic acid (VNIA) analysis are acidified to pH 2-4 to maintain analyte stability.
Urinary vanillylmandelic acid and catecholamines were within normal limits.
Tumor biomarkers, such as serum chromogranin A, 24-hour urine total metanephrines and 24-hour urine vanillylmandelic acid, correlated with reduction in target lesion size.