org, viewed the Ground-Based Interceptor test from the Ronald Reagan Missile Defense Site at Vandenberg Air Force Base in Lompoc, California .
What does VAFB stand for?
VAFB stands for Vandenberg Air Force Base (California)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of VAFB
We have 1 other meaning of VAFB in our Acronym Attic
- Voice Activity Factor
- Voluntary Action Fund (UK)
- Value Added Finance Authority (South Dakota Department of Agriculture)
- Value Added Flow Analysis
- Vermont Agricultural Fairs Association
- Vibhavi Academy of Fine Arts (Colombo, Sri Lanka)
- Victorian Amateur Fencing Association (Australia)
- Victorian Amateur Football Association (Australia)
- Vaccine Assurance for All Children (South Carolina)
- Value Added Foods and Fuels (est. 2007; Pahoa, HI)
- Virginia Farm Bureau
- Valenciennes Football Club (France)
- Variable Air Fuel Controller
- VESA Advanced Feature Connector
- Veterans Affairs Finance Center (US government)
- Virginia Association of Free Clinics
- Volvo Automotive Finance China, Ltd. (Volvo Group)
- VTEC Air Flow Converter
- Virginia Alliance of Family Child Care Associations
- Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre Society (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The X-37B, the US Air Force's first unmanned re-entry spacecraft, landed at Vandenberg Air Force Base at 1:16 am local time (0932 GMT), according to an Air Force statement.
Additionally, the chapter participates in the Adopt-a-Highway program, supporting a mile stretch starting outside the Vandenberg Air Force Base main gate and going north and east.
and the third will launch from Space Launch Complex 6 at Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
Defense space accomplishments will be showcased upon the state's seven military bases with significant space assets, including Los Angeles Air Force Base's Space and Missile Systems Center, Vandenberg Air Force Base and Edwards Air Force Base.
Atlantis, lighter in weight than the three other shuttlecraft, has also been strenghened to handle the higher rocket thrust required for launchings to polar or near-polar orbits from the West Coast, where a Defense Department shuttle-launch facility is now being built at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.
This facility, to be used for pre-launch spacecraft processing, will be located on the Company's existing 60-acre site at Vandenberg Air Force Base and will enhance the West Coast capabilities already provided.
FAX: (805) 605-3380 Access badges will be issued upon entry to Vandenberg Air Force Base and will be valid for the prelaunch news conference on L-1 day and for launch day.