The Vancouver Organizing Committee (VANOC), which was established on September 30, 2003, is in charge of supporting and promoting the development of sport in Canada by planning, organizing, financing, and staging the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (VANOC, 2002).
What does VANOC stand for?
VANOC stands for Vancouver Organizing Committee (2010 Winter Olympics; Canada; est. 2003)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VANOC
- Value Added Niche Information Technology Service
- Venture Association of New Jersey
- Department of Veterans Affairs New Jersey Health Care System
- Voluntary Agency Network of Korea
- Visual Artists Newfoundland and Labrador (est. 1994; Canada)
- Voluntary Action North Lincolnshire (UK)
- Vancouver Linux Users Group
- Visual Arts and New Media (State University of New York, Fredonia)
- Virginia Network of Nonprofit Organizations (Richmond, VA)
- Vancouver Orgainzing Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
- Veterans Affairs Nursing Outcome Database (US VA)
- Variable Lift and Timing System (BMW)
- Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung (German: variable camshaft control)
- Valor Actual Neto Privado (Spanish: Private Net Present Value)
- Vermont Association of Naturopathic Physicians (Hartland, VT)
- Vermont Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations
- Software Quality Assurance Vancouver User Group (Vancouver, Canada)
- Veterans Affairs Non-Q-Wave Infarction Strategies in Hospital (medical trial)
- Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- Value-Added Network Service
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ticketing operations ran smoothly throughout the Games," said Caley Denton, Vice President, Ticketing and Consumer Marketing for the Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (VANOC).
We think we re sitting in a pretty good spot and will have a balanced budget when we re done," Dave Cobb, executive vice president of the Vancouver Organizing Committee, said before the Paralympics closing ceremony in Whistler.
Each of the 1,014 medals to be awarded is unique, based on designs by local artists, according to the Vancouver Organizing Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
While Vancouver Organizing Committee officials followed the guidelines established by sports federations for allowing access, they did not follow tradition.
May you carry his Olympic dream on your shoulders and compete with his spirit in your hearts," said John Furlong, chief executive of the Vancouver Organizing Committee, flanked by International Olympic Committee president Jacques Rogge.
The Olympians, McDonald's President and Chief Operating Officer Don Thompson, McDonald's Canada President John Betts and McDonald's Director of Culinary Innovation Chef Dan Coudreaut were joined by representatives from the International Olympic Committee, Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games and United States Olympic Committee to showcase McDonald's commitment to serving the world's best athletes quality food.
The artisan village is a joint initiative created by the Four Host First Nations and the Vancouver Organizing Committee.