We Were Children, a film that chronicles the lives of two survivors of the residential schools system in Canada, was among the Canadian entries to the 2012 Vancouver International Film Festival, Sept.
What does VIFF stand for?
VIFF stands for Vancouver International Film Festival (Canada)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VIFF
We have 1 other meaning of VIFF in our Acronym Attic
- Vancouver Island Film Association (British Columbia, Canada)
- Victoria Free-Net Association
- Vancouver International Film Centre (Canada)
- Vanilla Ice Fan Club
- Virgin Islands Farmers Cooperative
- Valley Interfaith Food and Clothing Center (Wyoming)
- Vietnam Federation of Civil Engineering Associations
- Victorian Independent Funeral Directors Association (Victoria, Australia)
- Virtual Interface to Feel Emotions (software)
- Visible Implant Fluorescent Elastomer
- Vector In Forward Flight
- Vietnamese International Film Festival (est. 2003)
- Virgin Islands Fast Ferry
- Visualization Image File Format (Khoros)
- Virgin Islands Festival and Fairs Committee
- San Fernando Valley International Film Festival Inc. (California)
- Variable Interference Filter Imaging Spectrometer (remote sensing instrument)
- Vermont Interscholastic Football League
- Virginia Is for Lovers (Virginia tourism slogan)
- Vivekananda Institute of Foreign Languages (Pragathi Degree College for Women; India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
No matter where, "If I had a wish it would be that people would think of seeing a Canadian movie, and that people would realize what a great wealth of talent we have here," says Terry McEvoy, filmmaker and programmer of Canadian content for the acclaimed Vancouver International Film Festival.
As well, such a show could include reports from festivals across Canada, from the Atlantic Film Festival through to the Vancouver International Film Festival.
In addition, AudienceView signed dozens of new clients, including Capital FM Arena Nottingham, Vancouver International Film Festival, Shotgun Players, City of Brampton/Rose Theatre, Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, California Polytechnic State University, Tuacahn Amphitheatre and Center for the Arts, Colorado Chautauqua Association and Colorado Music Festival, Vail Valley Foundation, Det Norske Teatret and Qatar National Convention Centre.
Thankfully, the event's western cousin, the Vancouver International Film Festival, now in its 25th year and running Sept.
The local film community outshone everyone at this year's Vancouver International Film Festival, producing some very good movies.
Stardom Directed by Denys Arcand rStarring Jessica Pare, Thomas Gibson and Dan Aykroyd *** (out of five) WHEN DENYS Arcand introduced his film Stardom to the audience at the Vancouver International Film Festival, he described it as a light subject with very serious overtones.
Award-Winning Documentary Heads to Vancouver International Film Festival for International Premiere VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Fresh off the heels of winning both the Jury and Audience Awards for "Best Documentary" at the San Francisco United Film Festival, a new film, Crocodile in the Yangtze: The Story of a Westerner Inside China's Alibaba.