Roy Stringfellow's gift of a conventional slide trombone and a rarely-seen valve trombone has been welcomed by members of the 121 Squadron, which is based in Attleborough Road.
What does VTB stand for?
VTB stands for Valve Trombone (musical instrument)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VTB
We have 15 other meanings of VTB in our Acronym Attic
- Voice, Throttle, and Stick (US Air Force)
- Vaiko Teisiu Apsaugos Tarnyba (Lithuanian: Rights of the Child Protection Authority; Lithuania)
- Variable Transmission Automotive Technologies GmbH (various countries)
- Veterinary Technology Association of Thailand
- Visual Template Authoring Tool (software)
- Virginia Tech Autodesk User Group (Blacksburg, VA)
- Visual Thing A Week (Jonathan Coulton)
- Virginia Taxation Automation EXchange (accounting)
- Torpedo-Bombing Plane (US Navy)
- Vacuum Tower Bottom
- Vendor Take Back (real estate)
- Verification Test Bed (Sprint)
- Vermont Teddy Bear
- Very High Speed Integrated Circuit Technology Brassboard
- Vestibular Test Battery
- Vic the Brick (sports radio personality)
- Virginia Tax Bulletin
- Virtual Tape Backup
- Virtual Test Bed (electrical power systems software; University of South Carolina)
- Visual Task Board (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He has rigged up a valve trombone that has switches somehow attached to each valve," Weaver said.
I am surprised that he does not mention the valve trombone in the chapter on art music.
This time it's the bossa nova roots and languid, ultra-sophisticated style of pianist Eliane Elias, on stage with fellow American Bob Brookmeyer on valve trombone and the BBC Big Band.
Urcola had a fantastic solo, this time on valve trombone, as D'Rivera played clarinet.
The peck or tenor horn sounds like a cross between a trumpet and a valve trombone, with a touch of French horn added in.
Chet in 1954 with Bob Brookmeyer on valve trombone and Bud Shank putting aside his usual alto for the big bad baritone, along with the rhythm section of Russ Freeman on piano, Carson Smith on bass and Shelly Manne on drums.
Trumpeter Peter Brown brings out his valve trombone towards the evening's end, dueting with Hobson, creating an unusual front-line thrust.