The value-added measures show how schools make a difference and raise achievement above expectations.
What does VAM stand for?
VAM stands for Value-Added Measure
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of VAM
We have 110 other meanings of VAM in our Acronym Attic
- Vision and Leadership Uniting Education (Pennsylvania; est. 1989)
- VLF Ashore Lifetime Upkeep Effort
- Voice for Adult Literacy United for Education (Media, PA)
- Volcano Analysis and Visualization Environment (Hawaiian Volcano Observatory)
- Virginia Association of Licensed Veterinary Technicians
- Attack Squadron, Medium
- Migraine Associated Vertigo
- Vacuum Advance Mechanism
- Value Added Manufacturing
- Value Approximation Method (baseball statistical analysis)
- Value-Added Module
- Van Allen and Mallis (coin quality rating)
- Vane Adjustment Machine (turbine motors)
- Vapour Absorption Machine (India)
- Vegetable, Animal, Mineral (hair tonic)
- Vehicle Allocation Matrix
- Velocita Ascensionale Media (Italian: average climbing speed)
- Venice Arts Mecca (California)
- Ventilation Air Methane
- Verwertungsgesellschaft für Audiovisuelle Medien (Vienna, Austria)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Do Value-Added Measures Work?
The value-added measures show how schools make a difference.
Using value-added measures is gaining traction nationally — bolstered by the Obama administration — toward using testing data to evaluate teachers.
The contextual value-added measure also takes into account a school's characteristics - with scores over 100 classed as above average.
The recognition showcases the company's continuous improvement of performance in meeting the quality requirements of its clients and the value-added measures adapted by the company to enhance customer satisfaction," said Alaa Abdullah Saed, chief executive officer of Emaar Middle East.
It scores highly on the government's value-added measure, which indicates how much children have improved during their time in a school.
KEY STAGE 2 TO GCSE VALUE-ADDED MEASURE Each pupil s value-added score is based on comparing their GCSE and equivalent performance with the median performance of other pupils with the same or similar prior attainment at Key Stage 2.