and (3) Rajeswari Bhaarathi * (1) Corresponding Author, Professor, Madha Engineering College, Chennai-600069, India (2) Director, Centre for Water Resources, Anna University, Chennai-600025, India (3) Assistant Professor, Queen Mary's College, Chennai-600004, India Table 1: Value of marginal product (VMP) and total used for different crops.
What does VMP stand for?
VMP stands for Value of Marginal Product
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of VMP
We have 99 other meanings of VMP in our Acronym Attic
- Vertical Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor
- Marine Corps Operational Training Squadron (US Marine Corps aviation unit designation)
- Virginia Museum of Transportation (Roanoke, VA)
- Virtual Mailer Over Telnet (telecommunications)
- Vascular Malformations Occult to Angiography
- Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University (India)
- Marine Corps Patrol Squadron (Marine Corps aviation unit designation)
- Vacuum Metallised Pigment
- Validation Master Plan
- Value Management Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
Its unit marginal benefit equals the marginal benefit of capital replacement which is equal to the value of marginal product of second-period capital, pQ'([K.
This involves estimating production functions by econometric methods (to compare the value of marginal product of specific inputs to their market prices) and production frontiers by Data Envelopment Analysis (to calculate the distance of the farms from the frontier).
Therefore, profit-maximizing farmers use water at a level where the value of marginal product of applied water is zero or very close to it.
The expected present value of compensation equals the value of marginal product in each period.