With his defeat, Nicolas Sarkozy becomes the first President not to win a second term after former President Valery Giscard d'Estaing.
What does VGE stand for?
VGE stands for Valery Giscard d'Estaing (French President 1974-81)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of VGE
We have 15 other meanings of VGE in our Acronym Attic
- Video Game Development Club (University of California, Irvine and San Diego)
- Video Game Directors Cut (website)
- Vietnam General Department of Customs
- Video Game Design and Development (degree program)
- Variable Generalized Digital Environmental Model
- Victorian Government Drug Initiative (Australia)
- Voice Grade Dedicated Lines
- Viral Genetic Diversity Network
- Visual Guidance Docking System
- Voluntary Genomic Data Submissions
Samples in periodicals archive:
She confided in then French president Valery Giscard d'Estaing that she "had never had a more difficult man to deal with" than Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin.
She confided in then French president Valery Giscard d'Estaing should not be seen as a "purely terrorist organisation", but also as a political movement.
He died of cancer while still in office in 1974 and was succeeded by Valery Giscard d'Estaing.
Former presidents Jacques Chirac and Valery Giscard d'Estaing are planning trips later this year, their offices said.
Even Valery Giscard d'Estaing, though less beguiling than Brad Pitt, once said: 'When I was President, I was in love with 17 million French women.
On May 19,1974, Valery Giscard d'Estaing was elected president of France, winning a second round of elections.
Among them was the constitution's main architect, former French President Valery Giscard d'Estaing who fumed that countries that reject the treaty will be asked to vote again.