Though acyclovir is significantly less expensive, famciclovir and valacyclovir are preferred due to more convenient dosing regimens (5 times daily versus 3 times daily, respectively).
What does VCV stand for?
VCV stands for Valacyclovir
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VCV
We have 17 other meanings of VCV in our Acronym Attic
- Valley Churches United Missions (California)
- Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center (Richmond, VA)
- Vilniaus Centrine Universaline Parduotuve (Lithuanian: Vilnius Central Department Store; Lithuania)
- Voluntary Cleanup Program
- Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar
- Vallejo City Unified School District (California)
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
- Southern California Logistics Airport (Victorville, CA)
- Vacuum Check Valve
- Vaginal Collection Vial
Samples in periodicals archive:
The current standard of care for these infections is the use of oral nucleoside analogues, such as valacyclovir (Valtrex).
In most previous outbreaks, the official response would have been to quarantine the Platt place and let the virus burn itself out, treating horses as they got sick with antiviral drugs like valacyclovir, also used to treat herpes infections in humans.
A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial was conducted of HSV suppressive therapy with valacyclovir (at a dose of 500 mg twice daily) in Burkina Faso among women who were seropositive for HIV-l and HSV-2.
study was to assess the effectiveness of once-daily valacyclovir in reducing the sexual transmission of genital herpes.
The list includes VIDEX EC, alendronate, valacyclovir, famciclovir, kineret and pegetron.
If a systemic antibiotic is needed, we use either acyclovir, valacyclovir, or famciclovir.
A daily regimen of the antiviral drug valacyclovir controls genital herpes vastly better than does the same medication when used only to treat outbreaks of the disease, according to a new study.