Mostly Japanese scientists working for companies consider phosphors for such applications as lamps, cathode-ray tubes, vacuum fluorescent displays and field emission displays, and plasma display; organic fluorescent pigments; solid-state laser materials; and other topics.
What does VFD stand for?
VFD stands for Vacuum Fluorescent Display
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VFD
We have 62 other meanings of VFD in our Acronym Attic
- Variable Frequency Carrier Teletype/Telegraph
- Venezuelan Food Composition Table
- Voice Frequency Carrier Telegraph
- Voice Frequency Control Teletype
- Voltage-to-Frequency Converter (electrical engineering)
- Vandenberg Federal Credit Union (California)
- Vista Federal Credit Union (for Disney employees)
- Volunteer Fire Company-Volunteer Ambulance Service Grant Program (Pennsylvania)
- Valley Forge Convention and Visitors Bureau (Plymouth Meeting, PA)
- Vancouver Fuel Cell Vehicle Program (Canada)
- Valley Fire District (Peninsula, OH)
- Valley of Four Drafts
- Valorous Farms Dairy (fictional, Lemony Snicket)
- Vancouver Fire Department (Washington)
- Variable Field Data
- Variable Frequency Drive
- Venom Feels Delightful
- Verbal Fridge Dialogue (Lemony Snicket)
- Verdant Flammable Device (fiction, Lemony Snicket)
- Verified Free Distribution
Samples in periodicals archive:
Options include a deluxe microprocessor controller with 40-character vacuum fluorescent display, real-time clock, and a process protection system that adds an adjustable high-temperature safety shutoff on the process heat circuit.
The 8900 Multi-Parameter Controller features two base units, one with back-lit LCD and the other with vacuum fluorescent display, that can be configured with many I/O options by the user in the field.
Using a vacuum fluorescent display and lighted indicators, the instruments report test parameters, dynamic test results, statistics and final accept/reject status with no operator judgment required.
These new models come with large, clear displays and are available with either a vacuum fluorescent display for use in areas with factory or industry-type lighting to maximize visibility, or liquid crystal displays where battery operation or low power usage are considerations.
In addition, a three-dimensional, sealed, color keypad with tactile-feel 14-segment vacuum fluorescent display or 9[inches] CRT, both with conversational message prompts, make communication and operation easier than ever for the operator," says Victor Tarana, vice president, sales & marketing.
The mid-level system contains three modules and an AM/FM/FM stereo tuner, plus vacuum fluorescent display and a series of buttons with functions that change depending on the operation of the unit.
Its low cost makes it a credible alternative to vacuum fluorescent displays, STN passive matrix displays, or more expensive complex graphical LCD products.