2010) studied the protective effects against various bacteria exerted by Vaccinium macrocarpon proanthocyanidins in dog kidney cells.
What does VM stand for?
VM stands for Vaccinium Macrocarpon (American Cranberry)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VM
We have 28 other meanings of VM in our Acronym Attic
- Vast Left-Wing Media Conspiracy
- Vancouver Lake Watershed Partnership (Vancouver, WA)
- Variable-Length Word Sequence
- Very Large Web Site
- Victoria Land and Water Stewardship Council (Canada)
- Visual Language of Experimentation (modeling language)
- Anglesey Airport, North Wales, UK (IACA)
- Valleys (US Postal service standard street suffix)
- Vertical Landing Zone (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dryopteris cristata and Vaccinium macrocarpon are threatened, while Cypripedium acaule, Glyceria taxa and Woodwardia virginica are of special concern (Table 3).
On April 6 2004, the French food authority AFSSA (Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Aliments) approved a health claim stating that the North American cranberry, Vaccinium macrocarpon, juice and powder can "help to reduce the adhesion of certain E.
The cultivated, typical American cranberry, Vaccinium macrocarpon, has long been prized for its brilliant red fruit.
The current hypothesis, however, focuses on constituents of the cranberry, Vaccinium macrocarpon, that inhibit the adhesion of bacteria to uroepithelial cells.
Habitat: Mature Sphagnum bogs; usually associated with Vaccinium macrocarpon and/or Vaccinium oxycoccos.
Cranberry Seed Oil INCI name: vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil Use levels: 0.
Don ex Dunal) Sleumer Vaccinioideae Vaccinium macrocarpon Aiton Vaccinioideae Vaccinium meridionale Sw.