The report was based on an assessment of sites participating in the federal Vaccines for Children program and conducted in April and May of 2011.
What does VFC stand for?
VFC stands for Vaccines for Children (program)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VFC
We have 92 other meanings of VFC in our Acronym Attic
- Vermont Family Business Initiative (University of Vermont; Burlington, VT)
- Volunteer Firefighters' Benefit Law (New York)
- Vegan Fitness Built Naturally (DVD)
- Vacuum Furnace Brazing Process
- VISTA Foreign Business Support (Russia)
- Valley Forge Baptist Temple
- Volunteer Fire Brigades Victoria (Australia)
- Fighter Squadron Composite (US Navy)
- Flotilla Vice Commander
- V.Fast Class (28.8 Kbps modem protocol)
- Valid Firearm Certificate (UK)
- Vanity Fair Corp
- Variable Factory Cost
- Variable Flow Chromatography
- Variable-Flow Cooling
- Vehicles for Change (various locations)
- VESA (Video Electronics Standards Association) Feature Connector
- Vice Flotilla Commander
- Virtual Factory Catalog (Intel)
- Virtual Farm Creative, Inc (Phoenixville, PA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of the highest priorities of the Gates Foundation is to increase access to life-saving vaccines for children in the world's poorest countries.
GAVI provides vaccines for children in developing countries against diseases like hepatitis B, diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough.
Some specific topics examined include the impact of conjugate pneumococcal vaccine on antibiotic resistance, licensing of pneumococcal vaccines for children and adults, and functional assays for pneumococcal antibody.
The United Arab Emirates Red Crescent Society is providing almost half a million polio vaccines for children in Gaza as an initial tranche of support to health and education to Palestinian children.
The site also has information about the Vaccines for Children program.
While some health providers expect to receive the vaccine through the CDC's Vaccines for Children program for uninsured youth, others await its endorsement by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
16 /PRNewswire/ -- HHS Secretary Mike Leavitt announced today that all children from birth to 18 years old displaced by Hurricane Katrina are eligible to receive free vaccines through the federally-run Vaccines for Children program (VFC), regardless of whether they are staying at shelters, hotels, or with family and friends and regardless of previous health insurance coverage status.