This certification includes support for vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI).
What does VAAI stand for?
VAAI stands for VStorage API (Application Programming Interface) for Array Intergration (VMware, Inc.)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of VAAI
- Virginia Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors
- Vaccine Associated Adverse Events
- Valour Above All Else (multi-user shared habitat; online role playing)
- Vermont Alliance for Arts Education (Waterbury, VT)
- Vicepresidencia de Asuntos Académicos, Estudiantiles y Planificación Sistémica
- Virtual Australian Air Force
- VA (Veterans Administration) Authentication Federation Infrastructure
- Value Added Agriculture
- Victorian Association of Amateur Herpetologists (Geelong, Australia)
- Value Added Assessment Initiative
- Voluntary Affirmative Action Information Survey
- Veterinary Association for Arbitration and Jurisprudence (UK)
- Vietnamese-Americans Against John Kerry
- Vietnamese American Arts and Letters Association
- Vespa Amino Acid Mixture
- Vraag Aanbod Analyse Monitor (Dutch: Demand Supply Analysis Monitor; local health care demand calculator)
- Vaccinium Angustifolium (lowbush blueberry)
- Vereniging Arbeidsrecht Advocaten Nederland (Dutch: Employment Lawyers Association Netherlands; est. 2005)
- Virginia Active Angel Network (investing)
- Visual Arts Alliance of Nashville (Nashville, TN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Furthermore, new software application integration and efficiency capabilities include VMware vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) support -- which allow customers to offload certain storage related tasks from the server to PowerVault arrays -- whilst new thin provisioning capabilities enable arrays to automatically allocate storage as needed for simplified expansion of capacity.
It has also been enhanced to include always-on encryption with zero key management, a new web user interface, command line interface and VMware vStorage API for Array Integration (VAAI) support.
Williams & Fudge relies on VMware vStorage API for Array Integration (VAAI) and EMC VSI plug-ins for vCenter to streamline integration between VNX and VMware, enabling faster provisioning and copying of virtual machines, among other tasks.
Like other backup software products, VMware and Avamarwere already integratedat the API level, allowing users to purchase Avamar software and manage it through VMware's vStorage API.
In addition, EMC unified storage integrates out-of-the-box with VMware vSphere and VMware vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI).
EMC also announced that come July there will be storage efficiency technologies for EMC CLARiiON and Celerra storage systems (including FAST Cache capabilities), support for VMware's vStorage APIs for Array Integration and new vCenter integration.
In doing so, it generates the following core benefits to end-users: * Direct plug-and-play into ESX and VMware environments through the vStorage APIs * Rapid user adoption based on a simple, intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) * Instant data availability from any point in time with zero backup and restore windows * A modern Service Level Agreement (SLA) backup approach allowing for daily incremental processes that break traditionally rigid rules for backup and disaster recovery Actifio's PAS has disrupted the enterprise storage industry by transforming its underlying economics with a purpose-built system optimized for the real driver of today's data storage explosion: copy data.