The new release also features virtual local area network (VLAN) support, which adds a VLAN identifier to all radio traffic, thereby allowing customers to "partition" the secure network by keeping authenticated users on the corporate IP network and offloading non-secure traffic to the Internet.
What does VID stand for?
VID stands for VLAN Identifier (IEEE 802.1q)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VID
We have 42 other meanings of VID in our Acronym Attic
- Vienna Institute for Development (Vienna, Austria)
- Vienna Institute of Demography
- Virtual Image Display
- Virtual Interface Design
- Visual and Instructional Design (Medical College of Georgia)
- Visual Identification
- Visual Identification Information Display (US DoD)
- Visual Impact Damage
- Visual InterDev (Microsoft development environment)
- VMF Integrated Database
- Voltage Identification Digital
- Voltage Identifier (computing)
- Virtual Interface Design Special Interest Group
- Valley Initiative for Development and Advancement (Weslaco, TX)
- Vanderbilt Initiative in Data-Intensive Astrophysics (Vanderbilt University; Nashville, TN)
- Voice Interoperability, Data and Access
- Volumetric Imaging Display and Analysis
- Voluntad Independiente de Anzoátegui (Venezuela political party)
- Volunteers for Inter-American Development Assistance (Emeryville, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When interconnecting multiple DSP/NPU devices in a cluster, the ZL33020 switch can implement packet addressing based on MAC Address, Ethernet Type and VLAN Identifier plus packet prioritization based on IEEE 802.
Tiara's advanced FloSmart QoS software enforces Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and efficient bandwidth utilization by VLAN identifiers, application and/or address.