However, the Congress party claimed the support of three independent candidates, three BSP legislators and one member from the Uttarakhand Kranti Dal (UKD), barely crossing the halfway mark of 35 seats.
What does UKD stand for?
UKD stands for Uttarakhand Kranti Dal (Indian political party)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UKD
We have 10 other meanings of UKD in our Acronym Attic
- UK Competitive Telecommunications Association
- United Kingdom Commercial Travellers Association (est. 1883)
- United Kingdom Centre for Tissue Engineering
- United Kingdom Centre for Tissue Regeneration (University of Manchester)
- United Kingdom Chinese Table Tennis Association
- United Kingdom Championship Wrestling
- Uitzendbureau Karel Duijndam (Dutch employment agency)
- Ulanga Kilombero Diocese (Tanzania)
- Ultimate Kicking Drills (martial arts video)
- United Kimberley Diamonds (Australia)
- United Kingdom Data Archive
- United Kingdom Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- United Kingdom Department For International Development (www.dfid.gov.uk)
- Uji Kompetensi Dokter Indonesia (Indonesian:Indonesian Doctors Competency Test)
- United Kingdom Drug Information Group
- United Kingdom Drug Information Pharmacists Group
- United Kingdom Displays and Lighting (interior design)
- United Kingdom Domestic Market
- United Kingdom Directory of Marine Observing Systems
- United Kingdom Dividend Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
It proved its majority through 31 Congress members, three BSP, three Independents, one Uttarakhand Kranti Dal and one nominated Anglo- Indian MLA ( total 39).
Unlike its parent state, the voters of Uttarakhand have shown a marked preference for parties with a national representation, so much so that the Uttarakhand Kranti Morcha, which led the movement for a separate state and later on transformed into the Uttarakhand Kranti Dal (UKD), has been pushed to the periphery.
The party claimed the support of three independent candidates and one member from the Uttarakhand Kranti Dal (UKD) and was able to avoid a hung assembly by crossing the half-way mark of 35 seats.
The party claimed the support of three independent candidates and one member from the Uttarakhand Kranti Dal (UKD) and were able to avoid a hung assembly by reaching 35 seats.
But the acrimonious situation did cast a shadow on his big day as only 14 Congress MLAs, one Uttarakhand Kranti Dal ( Panwar group) MLA and three Independents attended the ceremony.
Meanwhile, BJP's coalition partner Uttarakhand Kranti Dal advised the party to end its "internal feud" in the interest of the state.
The party had won 32 seats and now has the support of three BSP MLAs and as many Independents, besides a legislator from Uttarakhand Kranti Dal ( Panwar group).