Many sharing tools track users and gain access to valuable information, like web browsing history, which is stored in user profile databases that can be breached.
What does UPD stand for?
UPD stands for User Profile Database
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of UPD
We have 48 other meanings of UPD in our Acronym Attic
- University Pizza Deli (Chattanooga, TN)
- University Police Department
- University Professional Development (various schools)
- Unplanned Dismount
- Urban Planning and Design (various schools)
- Urban Project & Dappa (hip hop band)
- User Datagram Protocol (computing)
- User Performance Data
- User Procedure Development
- User Profile Disk (Microsoft)
- Utah Police Department
- Utah Prairie Dog
- Union Progresista de Alguazas (Spanish: Progressive Union Alguazas; political party)
- Universal Property Development and Acquisition Corporation (energy development company)
- Urban Planning and Development Authority (Qatar)
- Unified Probabilistic Data Association Filter
- Uttar Pradesh Diversified Agriculture Support Project (Lucknow, India)
- Utah Personnel Development Center
- Universal Pointer Device Driver (Touch-Base)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Knowledge will utilize a usage-based subscription model, with discounts available to companies who choose to contribute their Web site data to the user profile database.
The IMS solution is based on SIP protocol and defines a centralized user profile database.
Network administrators can set user access rights and privileges within a user profile database that is maintained on the network server.