76 This guide to User Mode Linux details how it works, applications, booting and exploration, file system management, small and large server setup and management, compiling from source, specialized configurations, Copy-On-Write files, and networking and security.
What does UML stand for?
UML stands for User Mode Linux
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of UML
We have 69 other meanings of UML in our Acronym Attic
- Unconditional Maximum Likelihood
- Uncorrelated Missile Launch
- Unified Marxist Leninist
- Unified Modeling Language (Object Management Group, OMG)
- United Microwave Laboratory (Saint Petersburg, Russia)
- Universal Markup Language (common, but incorrect)
- Universal Mission Load
- University Map Library (University of Waterloo; Canada)
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Upper Mixed Layer (oceanography)
- Usha Martin Limited (est. 1961; Jharkhand, India)
- Unified Modeling Language for Framework Instantiation
- Unified Modeling Language, version 2.0 (software engineering)
- Utah Middle Level Association
- Utah Mortgage Lenders Association
- Urban Music Leadership Conference
- University of Massachusetts Lowell Center for Atmospheric Research
- Universal Multiscript Layout Engine
- Universal Machine Language Equipment Register (railway Industry)
- Utah Microenterprise Loan Fund
Samples in periodicals archive:
Also the User Mode Linux brings Linux closer to virtualization than ever before.
Revario Virtual Blade extends User Mode Linux (UML) to simplify and facilitate server consolidation, delivering a dramatic reduction in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).