Soluble urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR) as an independent factor predicting worse prognosis and extra-bone marrow involvement in multiple myeloma patients.
What does UPAR stand for?
UPAR stands for Urokinase-Type Plasminogen Activator Receptor (also seen as u-PAR)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UPAR
We have 7 other meanings of UPAR in our Acronym Attic
- Universidad Panamericana de El Salvador
- Unilateral Pulmonary Arterial Occlusion
- Universidad Privada Antenor Orrego (Spanish; Peru)
- Ulman Personality Assessment Procedure (art therapy)
- Union Patronale Ariege Pyrenees (French: Employer's Union Areige Pyrenees; Areige Pyrenees, France)
- Urban Poverty Alleviation Program (Pakistan)
- User/Password Authentication Protocol
- Utah's Physician Assistant Program (University of Utah; Salt Lake City, UT)
- United Patients Association for Pulmonary Hypertension (now the Pulmonary Hypertension Association)
- Unit Public Affairs Representative
- University of Pittsburgh Applied Research Center (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Upper Pinellas Association for Retarded Citizens
- Urban Park and Recreation Recovery
- Urgent Procurement and Response Team
- UAS Performance Assessment System (formerly UAV, the unmanned community now recognizes the entire system)
- UAV Performance Assessment System
- Underpass (US Postal service standard street suffix)
- Unit Performance Assessment System
- Universal Pilots Application Service
- Urokinase-Type Plasminogen Activator System (dermatology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Overproduction of LR11 protein promotes the enhanced migration of SMCs via the upregulation of urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (4, 5).
Urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) that binds urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) is found at the invasive edge of virtually all solid tumors including breast, prostate, colon, and lung, but is rarely found in normal tissue.