The urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR),  which consists of 3 domains (domains I, II, and III), is an extracellular protein anchored to the plasma membrane via a glycosylphosphatidylinositol moiety located on domain III (4).
What does URK stand for?
URK stands for Urokinase
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Urban and Regional Information Systems Association
- Undergraduate Research, Innovation, Scholarship and Creativity
- University Research Initiative Support Program (est. 1994; US DoD)
- Undergraduate Research Implementation Team
- University of Rhode Island Transportation Center (Kingston, RI)
- Your Recommendation Is Requested
- Union for Reform Judaism
- Union Ridge Jacket
- Uraj (Russia)
- Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Spanish, Madrid)
- Internet Shortcut (file name extension)
- Ubiquity Now, Revenues Later
- Underground Race League (video game)
- Unfinanced Requirements List
- Uniform Resource Locator (aka Universal Resource Locator)
- Unità di Ricerca Locali (Italian)
- Universal Republic of Love
- Universal Resource Locator (aka Uniform Resource Locator)
- Universal Ride Layout
- Universidad Rafael Landivar (Rafael Landivar University, Guatemala)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2,3 AnaSpec is pleased to introduce two plasminogen activator assay kits - the SensoLyteO AFC Urokinase (uPA) Assay Kit and the SensoLyteO AMC tPA Assay Kit.
Urokinase sales are projected to begin in Canada and other countries in the second half of 2010.
With the advent of thrombolytic agents such as urokinase and recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), a series of promising experimental and clinical studies began to demonstrate the therapeutic benefit of intraventricular administration of fibrinolytic agents for the treatment of IVH.
``He has trouble seeing to one side and he walks with a cane, but he's a rancher, and he's back doing what ranchers do,'' eight months after the drug urokinase was administered to dissolve the clot and restore healthy blood flow to the brain, Clark said.
The Company estimates that urokinase is listed on pharmacy formularies at approximately 700 acute care hospitals and has been administered to greater than four million patients.
Urokinase The Company acquired all Urokinase assets from ImaRx Therapeutics, Inc.
ViroGates A/S (Birkerod, Denmark) has patented a method of diagnosing and/or prognosticating HIV infection in a subject comprising the steps of: (a) performing in vitro a measurement of the level of a marker in the form of (i) urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR), (ii) soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR), (iii) urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), (iv) one or more degradation products of (i), (ii) or (iii), and/or (v) an mRNA for (i), (ii) or (iii), in a biological fluid sample from a subject, and (b) using the measurement value obtained to evaluate the state of the subject.