Urinary vanillylmandelic acid level was 23 mg/g creatinine (normal range <18.
What does UVMA stand for?
UVMA stands for Urinary vanillylmandelic acid
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UVMA
- Universitas Viridis Montis (University of the Green Mountains aka University of Vermont)
- University of Vermont
- University of Vermont Medium
- Urban Vector Map
- Utility Vegetation Management
- Universal Voice Module-Channelized (Cisco)
- Universal Voice Module-Unchannelized (Cisco)
- Ubuntu Volunteer Management Agency
- Ultraviolet Multiwavelength Absorptiometry
- UNIX Version Management Access
- User Virtual Memory Address
- Utah Veterinary Medical Association
- Upper Valley Mountain Bike Association (Meriden, NH)
- University of Virginia Medical Center (Charlottesville, Virginia)
- Upper Valley Medical Center (Ohio)
- Upper Valley Materials Exchange (Vermont)
- University of Virginia Microfabrication Laboratory (University of Virginia; Charlottesville, VA)
- Utah Valley Mothers of Multiples (Orem, UT)
- Union Vale Middle School (Union Vale, New York)
- Universal Video Management System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Routine reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatographic measurement of urinary vanillylmandelic acid in patients with neural crest tumors.
Homovanillic Acid (HVA) -- Urinary HVA is the end metabolite of catecholamines, dopamine and urinary vanillylmandelic acid (VMA).
To the editor: For 15 years, we have determined urinary vanillylmandelic acid (VMA) by a method  that relies on the reaction of extracted VMA with the diazo derivative of p-nitroaniline to give a pink chromophore; the chromophore undergoes a bathochromic shift in the presence of an aprotic solvent and a base to give a blue derivative with maximum absorbance at 600 nm.