Tele Atlas, a worldwide leading provider of digital map data and location content, today announced that Don Cooke, Tele Atlas' information scientist, was awarded the Horwood Distinguished Service Award by the Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA).
What does URISA stand for?
URISA stands for Urban and Regional Information Systems Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of URISA in our Acronym Attic
- Union for Representative International Internet Cooperation and Analysis
- Ugra Research Institute of Information Technologies (Khanty-Mansiysk, Siberia, Russia)
- Undergraduate Research Internship Program (various locations)
- Undergraduate Research Involvement Program (Columbia University; New York, NY)
- University Research Instrumentation Program
- Urban Rural Initiative Program (Maine)
- Umwelt Rechts Informations System (German: Environmental Law Information System; database)
- Underwater Robotic Intelligent System (marine technology)
- Unions Régionales des Ingénieurs et Scientifiques (French: Regional Union of Engineers and Scientists)
- upper respiratory tract infections
- Undergraduate Research, Innovation, Scholarship and Creativity
- University Research Initiative Support Program (est. 1994; US DoD)
- Undergraduate Research Implementation Team
- University of Rhode Island Transportation Center (Kingston, RI)
- Your Recommendation Is Requested
- Union for Reform Judaism
- Union Ridge Jacket
- Uraj (Russia)
- Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Spanish, Madrid)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is published by the Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA) and will be available for purchase on URISA's Web site, www.
3, 2002 The Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA) has chosen the New York City Fire Department's mobile data recovery application, used during rescue and recovery efforts at the World Trade Center disaster site, as its international Exemplary Systems in Government Award for 2002.
The seminar's theme -- Reinventing Government with Open Systems -- aligns with the overall theme of the Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA) annual meeting, scheduled for the same week.